When you join SWGLA, you become part of a network of ranchers, local food enthusiasts/consumers, conservationists, small family farm advocates, researchers, restaurants, food processors and distributors, retailers and educators all working together toward a common goal. “to improve human, ecological and animal health and strengthen local agricultural communities.” SWGLA provides education and outreach to producers, consumers and all points in between!
Click the tabs below to learn more about the various ways that you can support SWGLA.
- Discounts @ SWGLA Events & Workshops.
- SWGLA Newsletter “Forage For Thought” with important updates and articles concerning grassfed/local livestock issues.
- Email Alerts concerning upcoming events and news updates.
- Voting Privileges at SWGLA Annual Meetings.
- Access to SWGLA’s Resource Library & Network (Consumer & Producer Info).
SWGLA affiliated producers are listed on our website and are included in hand-outs we distribute at events such as local food tastings, which many potential customers attend. We also conduct workshops on a variety of topics such as production, processing and marketing. Currently, we are also looking at ways in which we can assist our producers by facilitating the channel from pasture to plate through enhanced distribution and increased local processing options.
In the past two years, through partnerships with a variety of other organizations (The Quivira Coalition, The Southwest Marketing Network, Farm to Table and Slow Foods), SWGLA has held public tasting events in Santa Fe, Capitan, and Truth or Consequences in which people come to sample a variety of grassfed livestock products. These events have been very successful, with many new “converted” customers who go on to purchase products from our producers. These events have engaged over 1500 people from throughout New Mexico and beyond.
$100/Year includes all Supporting Member privileges, PLUS:
- Advertisement through SWGLA’s website and other printed promotional materials.
- Connections to Potential Buyers for your livestock and/or livestock products.
- Invitations to attend promotional events sponsored by SWGLA and educational seminars addressing subjects such as raising, marketing and selling grassfed meat.
- Networking with a Community of Producers raising grassfed livestock who bring together a wealth of information and experience.
- Recognized Representation of the grassfed industry.
Ready to Join?
- Open to All Coops/Alliances/Small Businesses of two or more members.
- [Click Here] to contact Director Laurie Bower for more details.
Ready to Join?
- Inclusion of name and logo (and web link if applicable) on SWGLA website and on various distributed materials.
- Discounted advertising rates.
- [Click Here] to contact our Director Laurie Bower for more details.
Ready to Join?
Helping hundreds of Southwest livestock producers through the challenges of land management, marketing, processing, and financial planning is no small feat. A small but efficient nonprofit organization, most of SWGLA’s funding goes directly toward carrying out programs that support our local community of ranchers, farmers, and grass-fed producers.
A tax-deductible gift of any amount will go a very long way towards helping us carry out our unique mission. Thank you!